Saturday, July 11, 2009

Truffles Chocolatier, Richmond

This little gem of a cafe is situated further down busy Bridge Rd towards where the restaurants are gathered. As the name states, this place is fully dedicated to chocolate boasting this title with it's impressive cabinet filled with lovely chocolates - which is the first thing you see when you walk in the door. But that's not the only thing to satisfy chocoholics, once you pick up their menu, you will find a lot more lovely surprises. 376 Bridge Rd, Richmond 3121. http://www.trufflesmelbourne.com.au



"I accidentally discovered Truffles Chocolatier through reading a review website to satisfy my craving for a good chocolate place and it has been a GREAT discovery, I couldn't wait to try it out after visiting their website and reading their menu. This lovely cafe has a great ambience at night time with it's dim lighting and candles, great to catch up with friends or for couples (very romantic). The hot chocolates here are to die for, when I had my first drink, I went to Tam, 'This is sooooooo good'. Of course you guessed, we were frequents after that :) So far, I have tried out three different types of hot chocoates, hazlenut (whole grains of them in the drink), classic, and the mint one. None of these drinks let me down, they were all smooth, chocolatey and gives you a sense of warmth when you drink them. I haven't had a chance to try out their ice chocolate drinks yet but they look good when I saw my neighbour table order them. A bit of a let down were their desserts. We have tried their tiramisu and waffles and they weren't that great. Haven't tried the others but will give the other desserts one more go before proclamining this place to be strictly for drinks :)" MICHELLE

"We are indeed frequent customers now after our first visit. It is so cosy at night - with candlelights (I love candles at cafes), dark wood decor and beautiful drinks. Even myself who doesn't drink Hot Chocolate could tell at first glance of Michelle's rich drink that it was going to be good. My coffee is so good and it comes with a delicious biscuit - I could easily have seconds and I think I did one night. Yes we couldn't help but eye the sundaes and ice drinks at our neighbour's table the other night - definitely have to try that out (if I can resist not to order a coffee which is near impossible!!!). This is the perfect spot on a cold winters night for an intimate catch up over hot drinks. Thanks for taking me here Mich" TAM

No comments:

Post a Comment