Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monsieur Truffe, Collingwood

Monsieur Truffe is a wonderful cosy cafe filled with rich dark treasures such as truffles, chocolates, beautiful french pastries and liquid gold. It is located towards the Gertrude St end of Smith St and there is meter parking out front. Monsieur Truffe should be listed on Melbournes top treasures to visit. 90 Smith St, Collingwood. http://monsieurtruffe.wordpress.com/


"J'adore Monsieur Truffe, I think I am in love. That is how much I love this cafe. It is a very simple cosy cafe with beautiful touches such as the Japanese design serving plates and cups. The service is TRES friendly (I have never encountered friendlier service) especially Monsieur Truffe himself (I think it was him) - a wonderful friendly gentleman. I ordered my large latte which looked so beautiful I couldn't help but smile and I loved sipping from the bowl. The pain au chocolat here is SUPERB but I have noticed that they are the first pastries to dissapear - so it is best to come early and try one before they are all gone. Michelle and I are definitely regulars here now - even though we aren't locals. Due to the location and parking and limited tables, I have a feeling it gets quite busy on the weekend so it might be best to go early. Do drop by and visit if you can! P.S Their passionfruit and raspberry truffles are heavenly" TAM





"I REALLY REALLY like this place :) It has a very warm and cosy interior with shelves full of delicious chocolates. This was our second visit and everything was just as good as I remembered. The hot chocolate that came out in a little cup was smooth, chocolatey and delicously yummy. I didn't mind the small size as it left room for me to enjoy other things like their scrumptious looking pastries. Tam and I shared the almond and chocolate croissants, they were flakey and buttery, I enjoyed every bite....yummmm. We couldn't resist and tried out some of their sample truffles and they were really nice with delicate flavours. Of course we couldn't leave empty handed, we bought some nice truffles and other chocolates to take home to enjoy. Looking forward to my next outing here :)" MICHELLE



No comments:

Post a Comment