Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brunetti, Carlton

Are there any Melbournians who doesn't know of this Melbourne institution for pastries, coffees, paninis, gelato and all things Italian?! We didn't think it would be right if a blog dedicated to coffee and hot chocolate doesn't feature Brunettis, after all they do have a top notch Italian Hot Chocolate! So just in case there are people out there (where have you been) who don't know about this Melbourne landmark - we put in the effort to and made ourselves indulge in their delicious drinks and pastries - just for you! 194-204 Faraday St, Carlton 3053. http://www.brunetti.com.au/Default.aspx


"Italy is one of my favourite countries in the world - friendly, pizzas. amazing history at every street turn, delicious biscotti and great coffees - need I say more? Well Brunettis always reminds me of Italy - busy busy busy!! On a Saturday night, you have to rush and fight for a table and even a spot to order at the busy counters AND then you have to wait for your number to be called to pick up your order. They have an amazing array of biscuits, pastries and paninis here and I always like to come here for their Melbourne's best Tiramsu (thanks to my friends Lily and Ket who introduced me to this - and now I'm hooked) and coffees. The coffees are smooth and full of flavour - it is a tad strong for me but I really don't mind it at all. It is a bit too busy for my liking but I like the decor, the buzz, the coffees and people watching ... but one of the best parts is Michelle and her drink. I am always intrigued when I watch my best friend Michelle 'eat' her thick hot chocolate....How do you do it?!" TAM

"If it wasn't for Tam, I wouldn't have discovered this wonderful place and of course once I knew about it, it became one of my favourite sweet places to visit. Up till now, I still haven't tried everything, the selection is amazingly huge but not everything are as nice as it looks mind you. I do have my favourites though which are their mini selection of tarts, cannolis and cakes, they are so cute. Oh and I can't leave out the wonderful tiramisu, it's one of the best around. My mum and sister are always overjoyed when I bring them home one - This was the first place I tried out the Italian hot chocolate and it's pretty good. It's one of the richest drink I've tasted and the texture is so thick. Tam's not the only one that finds it facinating to watch me gulp down that hot chocolate, seriously this drink is not for every one. You have to be a real chocolate lover to find joy in drinking it. It may not be the best hot chocolate around but it's a lot better than the ordinary hot chocolate they have there. " MICHELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment