Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Santiago, Middle Park

Santiago, this cosy little tapas bar can be easily missed when you're driving pass but once you enter this place, you will discover one of Melbourne's hidden gem for churros and hot chocolate. 14 Armstrong Street, Middle Park 3206. Http://www.santiagotapas.com.au



"This place has set the right ambience for a late night drink and dessert. The dark lighting and candles definitely made the experience a lot more pleasant. When I saw on the board 'Famous Hot chocolate', I Knew I came to the right place. The first sip I had, I went 'Oh My', it's good. The texture was thick and smooth but after a few more sips, it started to get a bit too sweet. I would have preferred it to be less sweeter but being a dessert person, this didn't bother me too much. Oh and the churros, they were simply gorgeous. They were nice and crunchy on the outside with a hint of cinnamon. The dark chocolate dipping sauce that came with it was just right. I love the mini size of them. So when is our next churros date Tam?" MICHELLE


"How about tonight Michelle?!? I remember as Michelle and I sat there taking small bites of our churros and sipping our hot drinks - we knew we had discovered a special place for hot drinks and sweet heavenly churros. We would be regulars (we were back three nights later). The churros were delicate and full of flavour with a crispy outside covered with yummy cinnamon sugar. The coffee is good here and I could have easily had a second cup as the latte glass is a tad smaller than the standard size. At the first sip, it seemed a bit strong but it was good coffee. Not the best but it was good. This is defintely the best place for churros in Melbourne! And the best thing about Santiagos is - they open until late!" TAM



No comments:

Post a Comment