Saturday, July 25, 2009

Choclatte, Camberwell


Choclatte is a lovely small cafe hidden in one of the alley ways off the busy main shopping strip of Camberwell (right opposite a car park). Once you enter this place, you'll quickly get captured by the showcase of scrumptious looking sweets and baguettes. Rear 827 Burke Rd, Camberwell, 3124 http://www.choclatte.com.au/


"I enjoyed my outing to Choclatte this morning :) The cafe had a nice ambience and an attractive display of sweets and baguettes. I saw a big sign at the front advertising Lindt Hot Chocolate, I was excited. The excitment continued after we entered the shop, they had a big glass cabinet of Cacao chocolates!!!!! In my mind, I was thinking this was the perfect place for me, Lindt and Cacao chocolates happen to be my favourites. I'm a dark chocolate fan so I chose a dark hot chocolate drink and also shared a scone with Tam. The drink looked very good when it arrived and the froth was very tasty. When it came to the actual drink, I was a little disappointed. I had dark Lindt hot chocolate before and this tasted a bit different to that one. It was more towards the milky side and I much prefer my drink to be chocolatey. I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to coming back and trying the ice drinks. The scone was pretty nice, although a bit thick, it wasn't dry and tough. The jam and cream were delicious and went very well with the scone. Overall, a great little cafe and there's so many other things I want to try out here." MICHELLE


"I really like this cafe. The layout is good, nice clean decor, relaxing atmosphere and a great range of sweets and baguettes on offer. My coffee looked good and it tasted quite nice as well but when I saw Michelle's BIG hot chocolate cup - I realised I should have ordered a large as well (what was I thinking?). Michelle was surprised I didn't order a large - I must have been very sleepy. I didn't like my scone, as mine was undercooked but the cream and jam did go very well with the cooked part of my scone. What I really wanted was a slice of toasted banana bread or their custard donut but the diet side of my brain urged me to resist! I really want to come back and try the baguettes with my coffee next time - they just look so good! Overall great ambience inside, friendly staff and good coffee ... I felt so relaxed. I definitely want to come back" TAM



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really nice place to stay. I will definitely go there sometimes.

    Regards,
    Haley McAdams
    Food Manager Certification Texas

    ReplyDelete