Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mandarin Oriental Cake Store, Hong Kong

WOW, the Honkies really know how to live the uber luxury life we've discovered - and to our pleasant surprise, decadent delicious treats in Hong Kong doesn't hurt financially at all. Hong Kong is not all about street food and markets - this vibrant city also offers some of the best culinary delights in the world including Michelin star restaurants and the best patisseries. The Mandarin Oriental cake store is one of those places and offers a wonderful relaxing ambience for the perfect tea break - whether it be afternoon tea, iced tea or coffees with their wide range of pastries and cakes - this is the ultimate place to escape from the humidity. 5 Connaught Road, Central Hong Kong.


"I really like this place. From the sophisticated decor, comfortable seats, beautiful china, delicate and affordable cakes, top notch service and a good menu - I wish I had time to return for a second visit (the truffled egg tea sandwiches were begging me to return for a taste!). The coffee here was delicious and my slice of carrot cake was very good. This place is nice and cool and is the perfect place to escape the heat without the stuffiness of a 5 star hotel establishment. This is definitely a favourite spot of mine and I will definitely return here on every visit to Hong Kong in future"
TAM



"It's not a cafe, it's more like a cake heaven to me :) Everything was so pretty and delicate. It was indeed hard to pick out something to eat from there but I had to make a decision. The chocolate truffle mousse cake was delicious, smooth and melted in your melt. I had a bit of Tam's carrot cake and that was yummy too. I couldn't say the same thing about their hot chocolate, it was a bit too ordinary for such a fine cafe. I should have picked something else like an ice tea which looked great when it was brought out to my neighbours. I agree with Tam, it's a must visit place whenever I am in Hong Kong. The egg sandwiches sounded very tempting to me too." MICHELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment